Welds a large variety of materials by FCAW, SMAW, GMAW and SAW. Welds in all positions with a high degree of proficiency utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge of common heat reactions of structural metals and is certifiable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Receives working instructions.
* Follows welding procedures.
* Moves material to and from the work area.
* Welds on ground level, above ground and below ground, in any required position.
* Chips peens and grinds material to prepare for welding or finish.
* Welds structural materials such as plates, sheets, girders, tanks, etc., occasionally involving uncommon structural metals or machine metals under close tolerances of heat application and workmanship.
* Perform scarfing.
* Capable of passing welding test in accordance to AWS D1.1.
* Keeps work area clean.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12 months of stable work experience. Must pass required weld test.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. The employee must occasionally push and/or pull a maximum force of 200 ft-lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Close mental and visual application required to interpret drawings, layout, plan work, and weld. Good judgment in determining best method and procedure to be followed. Able to work on jobs while applying safety rules at all times.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: burner, gmaw, grinder, iron, metal, metal inert gas, pipeline, rail, steel, weld
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...