UTI is looking for people who have a passion to change the world one life at a time through education.. The Education Manager is a hands-on supervisor of a team of Instructors and should have an approachable and interactive communication style. The role focuses on coaching and developing Instructors in order to achieve ultimate student success. The ideal candidate should be results-driven, genuinely care about others, and understand what motivates people.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
* Manage the Education department in areas of responsibility by developing and maintaining the budget; controlling departmental purchases and instructor scheduling; hiring staff; supporting and promoting instructor development and training through coaching and mentoring; and communicating with staff and students on classroom issues and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Responsible for the development and continued progress of our students by ensuring classes are supplied and courses staffed; partnering with course instructors to improve quality of education with presentation and technical expertise; reviewing new information and updates to stay current with the industry; communicating with other leaders and Admissions to ensure consistent application of rules and guidelines, communication, and delivery of a quality education; counseling students on problems or discipline issues and at times work with other departments to implement solutions.
* Perform the obligations of a Campus Security Authority (CSA) including data collection and reporting under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education / Experience
* Valid High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree preferred
* UTI - Lisle only: ASE's for course(s) to be taught, or Master Certification for course(s) to be taught, or post-secondary education credential from UTI or similar credential to what UTI confers, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree, and valid High School diploma or GED.
* 5 years prior teaching and/or management experience
* Project Management skills
* Communication skills (verbal and written) and computer skills (Microsoft Office products)
* People and management skills and abilities
* Time management skills and deadline oriented, can adapt to a changing fast-paced environment
* Can create budgets and interpret financial data
* Problem solving and decision making skills, using good judgment and professionalism
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 25 pounds less than a quarter of the workday
* Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, and reason for all of the workday
* Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Work is performed primarily indoors in a climate controlled environment.
* Work is performed occasionally outdoors
* Work is infrequently performed near moving mechanical parts
* Short periods of limited exposure to non-hazardous levels of dust, light welding fumes or airborne particles.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.